Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
In our endeavor to cover the wide field of aviation training IGIA now offers AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) course through our associate AME institute in Hyderabad.
The AME course is approved by Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
1. Location of AME Institute - Old Bowenpally, Secunderabad– 500011
2.Qualification for Admission
10 + 2 (M.P.C) with an aggregate of 50% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
03 years (Regular) Diploma in any branch of Engg. With an aggregate of 50% Marks.
3. Medical Fitness
A Certificate is to be obtained for physical fitness and “free from colour blindness” from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Duration2.5 Years + 6 Months OJT
- Skill levelIGIA Certificate Level
- StudentsMax 30
- AssessmentsDGCA Exams in Feb, June, and October
4. Requisite Documents for Admission
Attested Xerox copies of 10th& 10 + 2 (Intermediate) certificate with marks statement.
Attested Xerox copies of 03 years Diploma certificate with consolidated marks statement.
06 Passport size photographs
In case of Foreign Nationals :
- Attested Xerox copy of Security clearance / NOC issued by Govt. of India.
- Attested Xerox copy of Educational Equivalent certificate from AIU, New Delhi.
- Attested Xerox copy of Current and valid passport with visa.
** Note:All above mentioned certificates / documents in Original are to be produced during the time of admission for verification only. **
5. Fees Structure
- Application Fee : Rs. 500/-
- Registration Fee : Rs. 1000/-
- Admission Fee : Rs. 30,000/-
- Five Semesters x Rs.50,000/- (each) : Rs. 3,00,000/-
- Total Fees : Rs. 3, 31,500/-
- OJT FEE for 6 months : Rs. 35,000/-
- TOTAL COURSE FEE : Rs. 3,66,500/-
6. Induction of Batches
Every year in the month of July, two batches are permitted to takeadmission stream wise i.e Mechanical & Avionics. Each Batch consists of maximum 30 students as per DGCA guidelines).
7. Infrastructure : consist of
- 08 state of art class rooms
- Basic Workshop
- Airframe shop
- Engine shop
- Instrument shop
- Radio shop
- Electrical shop
- Composite and F.R.P workshop
8. Hostel Facilities : Available for Boys & Girls separately.
9. Books & Study Material
It will be provided semester wise by the institute, as per the Syllabusprescribed by DGCA.
10. Faculty members
Consist of most qualified and experienced lecturers from differentAirlines & Air force. They have been trained and gained experience on most modern aircrafts such as Boeing, Airbus, & Rotary aircraft series, operating in civil aviation.
11. Educational Tours
During training period various educational tours are conductedto enhance the knowledge and sharpen the technical skill of the students in the field of aviation. List of organizations for educational tours are as follows:
- RGAA Hangar, Old Airport, Begumpet.
- Indian Airlines, Old Airport, Begumpet.
- Indian Air Force, Begumpet.
- Indian Air Force, Hakimpet.
- Various other Engineering organization and SSI’s.
12. DGCA License Examination
In the first semester Student will be allotted with a computer numberfrom DGCA. For appearing in DGCA License examination which is conducted thrice in a year i.e in the month of Feb, June and October and passing percentage is 70%. Eligibility criteria for appearing in different papers of DGCA License examination are as follows:
Paper – I (Civil Aviation Requirements) – After completion of 2nd semester.
Paper – II (General Engineering) – After completion of 4th semester.
Paper – III (Mechanical / Avionics) – After completion of 5 semesters.
After qualifying Paper – I, II & III (Mechanical / Avionics) BAMEL (Basic Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License) is issued from DGCA, New Delhi, which can provide many job opportunities to the students in various Airlines/ organization as a Trainee Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Years
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self